Kevin flew back to Pensacola last night for his last few days there before he packs up and heads cross country to San Diego on Thursday.
After he left, I started to think about our week in NYC together and realized that we saw so many friends and family... and dined at some pretty great spots. I threw together a post so you could check out and try out whichever you feel like.
On Tuesday, Kevin surprised me and bought us tickets for the Broadway show, Promises, Promises. He picked them up at the Southstreet Seaport ticket booth after meeting me for lunch (isn't he the best?!). It was SO good... Sean Hayes and Kristin Chenoweth were incredible. Afterward, we went to the best pizza place Arturo's - which is only a few blocks from my apartment. The pizza there is seriously out of this world.
Wednesday night we met up with two of my greatest friends of ALL time (and 2 of my bridesmaids)- Leandra and Giavanna. We grabbed a bite to eat at Grey Dog in the West Village and then went for some dessert at Rocco's. That is a typical night for Leandra, Giavanna, and me... so it was so much fun to include Kevin.
Thursday night we went to the German restaurant, Lederhosen, for a drink with some of my coworkers... this place is great for groups of people. Perhaps the best part was that we all drank our beer from a glass boot. After Lederhosen, Kevin and I made our way over to Peep. This place has reeealllyyy good Thai food. Everyime Kevin comes to NYC he tries to squeaze in a little bit of Pad Thai because he isn't able to find it in Pensacola.
Friday night we met up with Kevin's brother John, his girlfriend Laura, and two cousins Drew and Brian. We went to an Australian restaurant called Eight Mile Creek. They had great food and a beautiful little garden in the back where we sat to eat. We followed the dinner up with an old favorite... The Back Fence. I could literally go to this bar every night and not have a problem with it.
Saturday night I had several friends from college visit NYC. We all met up at the National Underground where my dear friend Vanessa's boyfriend was playing. He is seriously so talented! We then celebrated Kat's birthday at Double Crown.
Sunday morning we decided to go out to brunch at Bubby's down in Tribeca. This place is SO good. There was a little bit of a wait which we really didn't mind... we grabbed a seat at the bar and I enjoyed a Bloody Mary while Kevin had a Dark and Stormy.
Well that's all I got for you. As you can see we dined out A LOT. I'll be packing my lunch all week and running everyday to make up for it! :) ... it was so worth it though.
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment