Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Destin

This past weekend Kevin and I went to Destin, Fl. together. We stayed in the Hilton there and it was absolutely beautiful! So beautiful in fact that they had 3 weddings at our hotel on the same night (but I'll get to that later). We arrived on Saturday and hit the beach immediately... and the beach there was awesome - right on the Gulf with the whitest sand you've ever seen.
In second place to the beach would had to have been our hotel room.  We had an amazing view AND bunk beds! We had a regular king size bed as well... but I have never seen a room with bunk beds and I couldn't have been more excited about it.
Here is a view from our balcony...

 Here are the bunk beds...
After we got back from the beach we sat on the balcony with a glass of wine and watched 2 weddings take place right before us.  They were both small and right on the beach (a bit different from what we have planned) but they were so beautiful and intimate. It was also great because we were able to open up our doors and enjoy their music while we got ready for dinner. 
Here is the picture of one of the weddings from our balcony...
Another awesome aspect of this hotel was that they have a free shuttle service to The Wharf so we didn't have to worry about driving places (or getting a taxi home!). The Wharf has really great shops, restaurants and bars there. It was obviously a really fun place to be because I think we saw 5 bachelorette parties and 1 bachelor party while we were there.
Overall, it was such a fun weekend.  If anyone is living in the area or looking for a place to go... I definitely recommend it.

1 comment: