I guess we should start from the beginning...
We met the summer going into our senior year of College. To be more specific... we met July 3, 2007.
My cousin, Jacqueline, had dated Kevin's cousin, Drew, at the time and they had a 4th of July party to go to in Red Bank (shout out to Grace!) to watch the fireworks. As it turns out - Kevin and I were both dragging our feet... but Jacqueline promised me that Drew's older cousin was cute... so I agreed. As I recall, Drew had to do some persuading himself to get Kevin to attend the party too.
The actual moment I laid eyes on Kevin are documented. See below for the progression of pictures... and please note Jacqueline standing next to me.
We had the best night ever together... and just clicked the moment we spoke to each other. We love to retell our own versions of that night (who spoke to who first, etc) but it definitely set the groundwork for what would happen exactly 2 summers later.
We went out a couple more times that summer of '07- Kevin is from Barrington and I would visit PC - but eventually Kevin had to go back to school and so did I.
One day in May 2009 I got a message from Kevin looking to catch up. I was surprised but so happy to hear from him. We exchanged emails a couple of times before we took to the phone. We were worlds apart - Kevin in Corpus Christi, TX and me in SoHo, NYC - but we had more of a connection than ever.
Kevin decided to come visit for the same 4th of July party and things got very serious very fast.
See below for the pictures from the same party - July 3, 2009 (check out Kevin's awesome patriotic shirt):
I visited Kevin in Corpus 2 weeks later and the rest is history! We visited each other every 2-3 weeks and Kevin even lived with me and my lovely roommate, Ali, for the month of November.
Kevin popped the question in the wee hours of April 4th, 2010... but I'll let him tell that story!
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I absolutely loooooooooooooove this.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grace
Ags, this makes me so happy !!!
ReplyDeleteI love this Anne! And it all started one night at Grace's...
ReplyDeleteI am a little upset I haven't gotten a shout out yet .. what about how I talked so wonderfully about Kevin to Janet! haha Anne you are a dork but I am loving these blogs! I will be a religious follower!
ReplyDelete