Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The "Big" Question (from Kevin's perspective)

The Question. Well actually it’s two questions starting with asking the father then asking his daughter. After exchanging a few emails with Anne’s Dad we agreed to speak over Easter Weekend.  Now this seems easy enough, but let me tell you it can be a bit stressful. Fortunately, all went well and I received the green light to ask Anne.  I had originally planned to speak with PK (Anne’s Dad) over Easter then surprise Anne a few weeks later, however, in light of my recent success with PK and having the ring in hand (courtesy of Derek’s “Diamond Guy” who is phenomenal) I had the urge to be spontaneous. A bit of advice to guys who find themselves in a similar situation and are reading this; make sure your ready to pop the question in front of her ENTIRE family. As I mentioned this was a family weekend filled with family events so my proposal was not on the official agenda. I finally found a window of opportunity between Sneaky Pete’s, which is a story for another time, and bedtime.  Anne was distracted in our room when I turned her around and dropped to my knee. Now I know there was no band, champagne glass, or clever gimmick, which is nice, but what I had worked out just fine; a ring and the element of surprise. And Let me tell you she was surprised! She didn’t believe it was happening until the ring was on her finger. The conversation we had will remain a mystery because she apparently had a conscious blackout and I’m keeping that hilarious gem to myself. What transpired after was your normal wake up the parents and sister routine to tell them the big news as I hang in the corner hoping they’d invite me back next year. I guess everything is ok with them because they treated me to breakfast the next morning!  

(*picture from right after it happened to follow sometime next week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment