Monday, January 31, 2011

The Oscars

I love the Oscars. I love the Red Carpet. I love all that star power in one room. And I love... Oscar parties.

Each year I try to see a majority of the movies that have been nominated so I can have an opinion on what I want to win on Oscar night... and I hope you don't all judge me when I say that I like to print out ballots for whoever watches the Oscars with me to make things more fun and interesting. It's a tradition in my family!

This weekend Kevin and I saw The Fighter on Friday night and The Kings Speech on Sunday night.
I'm sorry... but The Fighter kicked The Kings Speech's butt.
Both were awesome movies... and I'm sure The Kings Speech will clean up on Oscar night, butttt in my humble opinion The Fighter was better.

Here is a full list for the categories and their nominations. I've seen 6 of the 10 movies nominated for Best Picture (side note: Black Swan scarred me for life. It was AWFUL). The only movie that I haven't seen yet that I would like to see before the Oscars is True Grit... luckily I have time to get back to the movie theater.

Anyway, print out the list above. Mark your favorites and ones that you think will win.

Example: my favorite movie for this year - The Fighter. The movie I think will win: The Kings Speech.

It's fun! I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment