While Kevin was visiting Memorial Day weekend... I thought it would be nice to try to accomplish a few wedding things together. The main - and most important - task was reserving the Church.
We weren't sure if Holy Cross would allow us to get married there because we aren't parishioners - luckily, Kevin's grandfather was able to talk them into it. So, we got the Church we were hoping for!
Which brings me to my story... we thought we just had to make a quick stop to pick up a few papers and finalize everything. Boyyyy was I wrong!
When we met with the lady who works in the rectory (who was practically dressed in an American Flag for the holiday weekend)... I should have known that we were in for a much longer meeting when she told us to take a seat and then brought it in piles of papers and brochures for us to go through- together! That part was not bad... in fact, we learned a lot about having a Catholic ceremony, the steps leading up to our wedding (pre cana, etc.), and most importantly our marriage to each other.
The second hour was the part Kevin and I were really not prepared for - our individual interviews!!! We were separated from each other and then literally had to swear on the Bible before we had to start answering questions.
Now, the interview was not difficult or anything because we have obviously spoken about all of the important things that she asked us questions about - but there were a few that really caught me off guard... questions along the lines of "Are you related by blood OR adoption?" (seriously!?)
Anyway, two hours later we walked out of the parish office starving and laughing over the whole experience.
There are several steps that we need to take before we can have a Catholic ceremony and I'm sure they will lead to some funny posts - which I will be sure to fill you all in on!
Enjoy pictures of the Church!
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment